Sunday 18 February 2007

"Getting Started" 18th February 2007

One thing you learn very quickly in this job is how to use technology! It has been a revelation but huge fun developing this Blogg. My website is coming on and I will let you know when it is ready.

I always thought it was more difficult to sell a house than to buy one, but this has not been my experience in Devon - I am clearly not the only one that wants to live here! I found a house in Coffinswell just before Christmas. Dealing with the structural problems the survey revealed was just the first obstacle. Last week the owner decided to keep the house after all! I found property number two on Thursday, made an offer on Friday which, even though at the asking price, was not accepted - someone else got there first! So it is back to the drawing board.

This coming week, I shall be meeting up with a number of local councillors to get their views on the really important issues we need to address in Teignbridge. And I hope I shall also be hearing from you. Any council must be held accountable and this May will be our chance to do just that in the polling booths on 3rd May. Is our environmental waste and recycling programme up to scratch? Too many maggots in the bins for my liking and it can only get worse in the summer. And what about promises to provide affordable housing - have they been met in any meaningful way? Rather a lot of you have said to me that you think not. And what about the promises to provide more development land for employment to create jobs - that hasn't happened either!

Best wishes
Anne Marie

No comments: