Saturday 7 April 2007

Canvassing until we drop!

Well, if there were bits of the constituency I had not seen, by the end of the District Election campaign I will have seen them all - and I already have very sore feet to prove it! We started canvassing in Kingsteignton on Tuesday moving on to Newton Abbot in the evening. Wednesday was spent canvassing in Ipplepen and then Teignmouth in the evening. Thursday was spent canvassing in Kingskerswell. The only social thing I had time for last week was an evening meeting of the Women's Institute in Kingsteignton on Thursday night - we had a good evening with a very interesting talk about the evacuees during the war. By Good Friday we had our campaign literature ready - so next week it will be the same again but this time doing battle with "killer" letterboxes which chew up your fingers as you put leaflets through the door!

BT have finally got broadband to my cottage in Coffinswell - this is very welcome. For the last few weeks I have been standing in the garden to get reception on my mobile phone in the absence of a land line - great in the sunshine - not so good in the rain! IT engineers are coming to get me up and running on my computer which will be a huge relief - Blackberries are wonderful things but they do have their limitations. And best of all my car is back from the garage, all repairs successfully completed.

Anne Marie

No comments: