Sunday 29 April 2007

Elections - next week!

A very very busy week! My feet and my knees know I have been out canvassing at least three times every day. Second leaflet drops are now in progress and to this we have added a copy of a letter from our group leader in the council, Stuart Barker, on maggots and bin collection which appeared in the Daily Telegraph last week.

The fund raising continues with a number of events including a coffee morning in Bishopsteignton on Wednesday. We had a very good turnout and a number of people came to talk to me about particular problems which I shall be working with them to resolve in the coming weeks.

On Friday a team from London came down to help us with our campaign and we spent a successful morning canvassing in Bushel and College in Newton Abbot. We debriefed in Exeter over a pub lunch and began to look at how we take our campaign forward longer term.

On Saturday I traded my car in for something smaller, more fuel efficient and with lower carbon emissions - still four wheel drive though so I can still get to the hunt and to point to points without getting stuck in the muddy fields which can be more than a little challenging in the winter months.

Next week will be our first test as we get out the vote for the District and Town elections on 3 May. We will have to hold our breath over night as the count doesn't start until the following day!

No comments: